Friday, January 25, 2013

Coconut and Strawberry Ice-cream with Chocolate sauce - Dairy and sugar free! ~ Mariella


So, now you have delicious frozen homemade coconut milk in an ice tray in the freezer.




But what can you do with it? You can use it as a substitute for cream in any dish from pasta to Thai curry and it’s great in smoothies and baked desserts. This is what I did with mine this week and my kids are bugging me to make more!



I tipped out one ice tray full of frozen coconut milk and added an equal amount of frozen organically grown strawberries which I bought during season from the 'Home Grown' stall at my food  market. Organic fruit is obviously first prize, but any frozen fruit will do, just remember to peel and cube it before you freeze it.


I then put it all through the Oscar and it looked like this:


Which, for all of it’s yumminess, doesn’t look all that appetizing, which is why I added a little Agave, then put it through the Oscar again.



I then made homemade chocolate 


and instead of refrigerating it, I poured it straight onto the Coconut and Strawberry ice-cream. It was such a hit, completely dairy and sugar free and quick to make!



  

1 comment: