Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Girl time!


Girl time is magical! There are very few things that replenish my soul like an evening of good food and the company of women. It’s an essential connectedness that binds us as a community. I call it ‘walking to the water’, like tribes women walking kilometers to the well to fill up, chattering all the way there and all the way back. Lots of issues get resolved ‘walking to the water’.

 This weekend we celebrated the imminent birth of a new being into this world and with that great big moon overhead, the evening felt truly mystical!
As a gift I made up a ‘Stones for your birthing day’ survival pack with Rose Quartz, Aventurine, Jasper, Chrysocola and Moonstone from my shop.
And I took the time to make the card myself.
We weave ourselves into the things we make; it’s more than just a card!

We all brought a bead along and whispered blessings into it as we each threaded our bead onto a necklace that she can wear during the birth, or, in my case, tear off, mid-labour, in a fit of wild craziness! And we all tied orange ribbons around our wrists as a reminder to keep her in our hearts. This is something we’ve done a few times now and it’s so cool when you get the good news that you can take it off, especially since, by then, it’s manky and grimy from living on your wrist for weeks!

I think the resurgence of ceremony is so very crucial in our lives and today I am so so grateful for it! But then again, it could just be the Moon!



No comments:

Post a Comment