Thursday, July 24, 2014

Easy Oat Bran muffins ~ Mariella

Baking does not come naturally to me. So you can imagine my delight upon discovering a ridiculously simple oat bran muffin recipe! Oat bran is seen as highly beneficial in the fight against high cholesterol, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. 
It is said to be good for weight loss and a happy digestive system. I was interested in trying it out because it's supposed to be a low GI food which would suit me just fine. 
It did make me a bit tired, like oats generally do, but not nearly as much as wheat or rye so I'm happy to use this recipe when I'm in the mood for something moreish and I think blueberries will be in order next time I try it!



Ingredients 

2 1/2 cups uncooked oat bran
2t baking powder
1 t salt
2t Cinnamon 
2 free range eggs
3/4 cup water
2t natural vanilla extract 
4 T coconut oil (pre-melted)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecan nuts (optional)

Then the sweetener...it's up to you! I used 4 table spoons of honey and then drizzled some over them afterwards. 

Preheat the oven to 220*c.

Mix the dry ingredients together.

In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.

Add wet to dry and mix.

Pour into greased muffin trays and bake for about 20 min or until the knife come out dryish!

So simple! Its a great activity for the kids too as it doesn't require extensive concentration spans!
Happy baking!





No comments:

Post a Comment