Thursday, June 26, 2014

Raw stuffed sweet peppers ~ Mariella

Winter, the month of grand temptations! When, for me, warm and rich and sweet wins with bells and whistles against raw and revitalizing! 

In order to refrain from broadening my midsection along with my culinary horizons, I have set myself a challenge, to replicate all of my favourite dishes in the raw! My first dish was met with skepticism by my teenage daughter who sighed, Mom, why you gotta mess with a good thing?’ 
She recanted after the first bite!



It was a rather fool proof start to my venture and the secret was in the sauce.

Raw Stuffed Sweet Peppers


-2 Ripe avocados - cubed  
-1 Tomato - cubed
-Handful of mung bean sprouts
-Thinly sliced green beans

-Dressing: Small handful of Sun-dried tomatoes and about 6 dried olives, a little lemon rind, quarter onion and one clove garlic chopped fine and marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar dressing.
-A little salt, pepper, cumin powder and paprika to taste

Stir it all up, stuff the peppers and lay down on beds of lettuce leaves, dressed in olive oil and lemon juice with a pinch of salt

Serves three



This is a basic recipe but so yummy and serves to illustrate a point, it took the same amount of time to make as a salad would, but it’s different and keeps the raw food option enjoyable. So many ingredients could be added to this like Tahini, tamarind paste, sesame oil, lightly roasted seeds, dried mushrooms, seaweed etc. So take a look at what's in the fridge and mess around with good things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment